Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Why Not?

My oldest son turns 15 tomorrow. WOW! All he wants is a new video game: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. I hate war games. I think there is something way too addictive about them. Why not play sports games with your friends on XBOX Live? For some reason, they get on XBOX and never do that. Their friends do the same thing. All of these kids come from good homes, work hard, they’re athletes and do well in school. I don't think I can fight it anymore. My husband and I have put some rules in place. The boys are not allowed to play Monday through Friday and on the weekends it is a very limited amount of time. Before these rules - they could sit in my basement for hours and hours! We blamed these games on the kids being fresh or mean to each other. I have to say since we put these restrictions in place, the kids have been great. They don't ask during the week and on the weekends before they can play, they have to ask permission and usually do not fight about the time limits. There may be some negotiations - but nothing too bad.  My little one obviously is not allowed to play these games!

I'm on may way out to try and get the requested gift.  It came out at midnight.  If I can't I'll just fall back to my old faithful, Amazon.com.

Doing the best I can,
NeuroticMom

No comments:

Post a Comment