Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Swine Flu. It's Gonna Getcha!

That's right! If you or any of your beloved family members haven't had it yet... you will. Not trying to scare you. Just being honest. NeuroticMom's 10 year old has it, my 39 year old husband has it. I'm no longer afraid of it. I've seen the beast. Now I am prepared to fight.  This is my arsenal of weaponry:




  • Ginger Ale.  This is, hands down, the best thing to drink when you are sick.  It's a yummy elixir.  (Kind of how I feel about a McDonald's coca-cola for a hangover- but that's another post :)
  • Lysol (or Clorox) wipes.  As soon as someone is sick in my house I grab my wipes and walk through the house wiping down EVERYTHING. Door knobs, light switches, remotes, appliances, telephones, computers... you get the picture.
  • Lysol spray.  I follow up with the spray at the end of the day.  I've been known to open the desk drawer where we keep all of our pens & pencils and spray in there too.  Why not?  It's quick, easy & effective.
  • Halls Vitamin C drops.  These taste so yummy!  My kids love them.  I keep them in a pretty glass bowl on our kitchen island.  The kids always grab one on their way to catch the bus.  I don't know how effective it is, but it makes me feel proactive.
  • Medical masks.  My husband is quarantined to our master bedroom.  I won't step foot in there without wearing one of these.  Excessive? I think not.  The room feels like sickness.  I won't dare breathe that air!
  • Purell.  The kids were using this before the swine flu was a threat.  As soon as they walk in from school they Purell.  Lord knows what cooties they pick up on that bus!
That's it.  My arsenal to fight the flu.  It's not 100% effective, but it's all I've got.  If you have any other ideas please share!

Fighting the Good Fight,
TechnoMom

No comments:

Post a Comment