Friday, November 13, 2009

Pet Peeve of Mine



We all have our pet peeves. Although, I think I speak for everyone when I say, "people who use the Express Line at the grocery store with more than the allotted items are obnoxious!"

I was in a hurry the other day and needed one thing. One thing! When I got to the Express Line I heard the screeching sound of tires in my head. What was going on? There was a woman bagging her groceries and she had a full cart already. I bit my tongue. I couldn’t go anywhere else (all of the other lines were busy). Maybe it was a circumstance where the Express cashier saw that everyone else was busy and this poor woman was waiting, she didn't have any customers of her own, and she told her to come over to Express.  I didn’t want to say something just in case it wasn’t the customer’s fault. After waiting five minutes while they finished bagging, my blood pressure was soaring. The woman slowly pulled out her purse to pay - $151 and change. “Let’s go - hurry up” is screaming in my head. What did she do – pay with a check. I almost fell over. To top it all off, she saw the long line now and said, “I didn’t realize this was Express!” I was looking for the camera. It had to be a joke!

Don’t you know when you’re in the Express Line?

Neurotic Mom

1 comment:

  1. Whenever you are in a situation like that again, think about the DAD who dropped off his son for his first day of Kindergarten (on 9/11/01) and was late for work (in the world trade center)!

    ReplyDelete