Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The Greener the Better

My husband picked up our new car yesterday – a Ford Fusion Hybrid. "Hybrid". It makes us feel good just to say that word. I drive around a monster of an SUV and I always think that it’s not practical because of gas prices and global warming. But we love it!! Now – I feel environmentally conscious! The features are unbelievable. It wasn’t outrageously priced, but the computer is great and the car has everything that you need. There’s even a gadget that lets you know how “green” you are depending on your driving – a tree grows leaves the “greener” you drive and leaves fall off when you’re not doing so well. My husband was a trooper – his mid-life crisis was buying an old beat-up jeep. All of my boys loved driving the jeep in the summer, not so much in the winter. He sold the car yesterday, but it went to a good home. It’s a little easier that way.  What's really horrifying to think about:  this will be the car my children learn to drive on :(

Thanksgiving’s almost here, I need to get ready!

Neurotic Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment