Thursday, November 12, 2009

Thanksgiving...Where Have You Gone?



Dearest Target, Walmart, HomeGoods, local grocery store, etc. etc,

I was a little suprised to see the Halloween candy on your shelves in August.  But I wasn't shocked.
And when you started hanging your Christmas decor BEFORE Halloween (yes Macy's, I'm talking to you) I laughed out loud.  Because Christmas decorations before Halloween are ridiculous.  Right?
I guess not.

Not loving holidays shoved in my face before their time,
TechnoMom

Poor Thanksgiving.  You have fall leaves and pumpkins, you have the cornucopia, you have our beloved turkey... but you don't have much more than that for marketability.  You really are the ugly little sister when it comes to holidays.  People are polite and smile but they don't want to spend a lot of time with you.  (Sorry.)

I know the people over at butterball.com are happy.  And the company that makes the canned cranberry? Yeah, they're happy too.  And me.  I'm happy.  I l-o-v-e Thanksgiving.  I also l-o-v-e to eat.  I appreciate you Thanksgiving.  I am going to spend the next 14 days paying homage to your greatness.
(But first I need to run to the mall and pick up an item that is on sale and will make a perfect Christmas present.  Sorry.)

Now I'm Hungry,
TechnoMom

No comments:

Post a Comment