Wednesday, December 30, 2009

A New Year Resolution

Stumbled across a new blog today, lifeasmom.com.  Just when I was wondering how I would start this new year fresh and with a mission, there it was before me: the eat from the pantry challenge.  


Now my friends and I have had this conversation before.  Pantries overflowing with food, but nothing to eat!  Every shelf in my pantry is packed with food.  Yet I still go to the grocery store almost on a daily basis.  It disgusts even me.  And please, do not get my husband started on our grocery bill!  


So the challenge involved eating strictly from whatever is in your pantry, fridge & freezer for the month of January.  There are 3 simple rules:
  • Reduce your monthly grocery bill (Hubs will love this one!)
  • Take stock (empty out everything, throw out what you absolutely won't use and make a list of what you have)
  • Use what you have
I'm just paraphrasing, be sure to visit the link above to get all the details.


All of this sounds good.  I am looking forward to spending less, I have no idea what is hiding in our basement freezer so this will force me to itemize, and there has been a box of orzo in my pantry all summer I've been dying to do something with.  Maybe I'll finally use it.


I'm not sure how this will end, except for my children whining that there's nothing to eat  thanking me for broadening their palates.  (At the very least I'll clean out my pantry & freezer ;)
Besides, what else could I use as my resolution? Lose weight? Be more organized? Be a kinder person?  Doesn't everybody do that?
And what about you?  Join me in my misery.  Any other challenges you'd like to throw my way?


2010, Bring. It. On.
TechnoMom




No comments:

Post a Comment