Thursday, December 3, 2009

Good Deeds

This past weekend my family cooked breakfast at a Ronald McDonald House in our area.  I prepared my children (some of the families we would be cooking for have children that are very sick and possibly dying).  We prepared a menu - bacon, pancakes, cinnamon buns, bagels, muffins, cereal, juice, and strawberries and dip.  Everyone complained that they had to get up early, but we did so anyway. 

What a morning.  They had a ball.  They wore aprons and did a fantastic job.  They had so much fun - we are planning another trip to the House in January.  My youngest son methodically set the buffet table, my middle son whipped up great cinnamon buns and did a terrific job finding what we needed to cook and my oldest made the best pancakes!

We've started a new tradition.  The Sunday of Thanksgiving weekend is a must and a few other times throughout the year.  We know now that bacon goes quickly, fresh fruit gets devoured and french toast will be fun to make next time. 

I climbed into bed Sunday night and felt like a stellar mom.

Thankful,
NeuroticMom

No comments:

Post a Comment