Friday, April 9, 2010

Sneezing, Itchy Eyes, Puffing Up...

That's right - it's allergy time.

My youngest is really suffering.  He gets hit hard this time of year.  My goal this year is to keep him off of Asmanex.  It works great, but it's a steroid that I'd prefer he not take.  So we started allergy meds earlier than usual and he was doing pretty well until Wednesday.  He was at school for 10 minutes, maybe, and I got a call to bring the eye drops.  The poor little guy was red and swollen with blood-shot eyes.  We've prevented the breathing issues, but we can't prevent the eyes and stuffy nose with his allergy meds.  Oh well - he'll suffer through it for a few more weeks.  I keep Benadryl in my pocketbook and hope we don't need to use it.

BTW - my same son suffers from being struck with poison ivy, oak or whatever everytime he goes in the woods - which is a shame because he loves nature and animals.  We were away for Easter and did an Easter egg hunt outside.  By Monday morning he had a rash on his arms and some spots on his legs.  I've tried many things over the years because he usually has to go on prednisone when it spreads to his face, which it always does.  Well, this time I used Zanfel!  It's a wonder cream.  Rub it on the area that is looking like poison something and voila (not sure how to make the little mark over the a).  It was gone after a shower and good night sleep.

NeuroticMom

2 comments:

  1. Use "insert symbol" function for the proper a! BTW, who is saving money - $853? and HOW?? Do tell!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you - how did you know that?

    I'm saving at the grocery store with just a savings card and stocking up on things we need (10 for $10). And coupons at stores where we need things, not "want" things. It's amazing what you can save!

    ReplyDelete