Saturday, April 10, 2010

Venting

Youth Sports.

It is so much fun to watch our children compete.  It is hard to watch them struggle with a loss.

Had I known my 10yo was going to only play a total of 4 minutes in his State Cup soccer game today I would have asked the coach to take him.  I missed my older sons lacrosse game for 4 minutes.

Had I known getting him to all the practices on time & prepared was going to lead to 4 minutes-- I might have said screw it.

Had I really listened to my son--I might have realized that his heart belongs to hockey and that he plays soccer to please us--I might not feel so resentful towards those 4 minutes (and towards myself).

Had my 10yo not had tears running down his face as he got to the car and spent the whole way home wiping away the tears wondering why he only played those freaking  4 minutes, and is questioning his own worthiness as a person and as a soccer player-- I might not feel like this:


I feel better now (too bad my 10yo feels like shit),
TechnoMom

p.s. Thank God he's only 10, after 30 minutes on the xbox he should be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment