Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Pulling My "Socks" Out!

I despise laundry! And what makes it worse – dirty, smelly, wet socks turned inside out and thrown in the hamper. If I’ve said it once, I’ve said it a thousand times, “put your clothes in the mudroom and make sure your socks are turned the right way”. I’m actually sick of hearing my own voice say the same thing over and over again. When will everyone else get sick of me saying it over and over again? Putting my arm (up to the elbow) in sock after sock is driving me up the %$#*@ wall.  It’s not like I can even teach them a lesson – guess who pays the price?  That’s right! The mudroom will stink and kids will be wearing yucky socks in desperate, time-crunch times (all the time!).


I’m seriously thinking of putting a money jar on the washing machine, laying the gross socks on the floor and charging admission into the washing machine. What sounds reasonable in getting my point across? $0.50 a sock? 

I'll keep you posted on how much I collect before my children figure it out.  Maybe I'll get a night out with my savings plan and won't feel so bad about doing laundry!

Going crazy,
Neurotic Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment