Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Cinco de Mayo!


Mmmmm.  I love any excuse for margaritas and guacamole so I looove Cinco de Mayo!
Hubs is away tonight so I'll be carting the kiddies around and won't be able to get into a margarita until later tonight.  But I  WILL be whipping up a batch of guacamole this afternoon!  It's sooo easy to make and fresh guacamole is the best:

Fresh Guacamole
3-4 ripe avocados (peeled, seeded, mashed)
juice of 1/2 a lime
1-2 tsp. minced garlic
1 small tomato seeded and chopped
1/2 small sweet or red onion chopped
1 jalapeno seeded and chopped
chopped cilantro (I just use a little bit, like 3T.)
cumin (add to taste)
sea salt
hot pepper sauce or cayenne (use this to add heat if you don't want to handle a jalapeno)


Add the lime juice to the avocado and mash together with a fork.  Fold in the rest of the ingredients and put in your fridge for an hour or so  (let those flavors meld!)I love my guacamole chunky--nothing worse than runny guac.  
Enjoy!
TechnoMom

No comments:

Post a Comment