Thursday, March 18, 2010

Creatures of Habit

I've had each of my kids at the doctor this week.  They have all had sore throats (one strep, the other two have colds). What I've realized is my kids cannot handle being away from home without me or my husband for more than two days.  I think they are such creatures of habit and any deviation throws them for a loop.  When my husband and I go away, they are always left with family and close friends that treat them like family, but I guess it's still not home.  My husband's worried they won't be able to go away to college.  Well, we used to worry that they would be wearing diapers or sucking on pacifiers until they went to kindergarten and all the worrying was for nothing.  I'll have to remain hopeful:)

NeuroticMom

1 comment:

  1. They will be able to go away to college, and THRIVE. I know that because you have been marinating them in love their whole lives. And they are still young enough to like the marinade!! They will go off to college super seasoned and always know how great they were raised. Some kids want to get out too soon and aren't fully seasoned! Oh my gosh I really am a cook.

    ReplyDelete