Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Feeling Guilty

I took the day yesterday to go out to lunch , a movie and coffee.  Hours and hours of self-indulgence on a day that my kids were at home.  I had been home with them since Tuesday evening (because of the snow) and a friend of mine is a teacher, so she can't take the time during the week.  The problem - I felt guilty.  I can't tell you how many parents I saw taking their kids to see a movie. I'm having a hard time right now, during the dead of winter, because my life is too wrapped up in my kids.  I'm not a crazy mom (I don't think).  I kiss and hug my children every time they leave the house, kiss them goodnight and say "I love you" several times a day and they don't seem to mind.

Here's the question:  What should I do with my life (in terms of a part-time job)?  The problem is:  being a parent is getting harder as they get older.  I naively thought it would get easier.  It's a lot more fun though!

Just venting,
NeuroticMom

No comments:

Post a Comment