Sunday, November 21, 2010

I USED TO:

  • sit at the computer and read different entertainment websites;
  • chat on the phone with girlfriends during the day;
  • love laying on my bed for 1/2 hour - 1 hour per day to relax and watch a show on HGTV or TLC;
  • plan my day around "Days of Our Lives";
  • go to the grocery store everyday;
  • get Starbucks every morning and usually one other time throughout the day;
  • think about the projects I wanted to do around the house, but never seemed to complete;
  • try to organize my kids in such a way that pleased me; etc, etc, etc..........
The list goes on and on.  We always seem to evolve and change no matter how old we get.  I'm not saying any of those things are wrong - I took care of the kids, made meals, carpooled, did laundry and dishes.  I loved doing all of that and still do.  If the kids are happy and healthy, it's a no-brainer. 

Now, I look forward to my little job and love coming home to my family.  Hopefully everyone's becoming more independent.  I know I'm more organzized now.  And I feel like I've taken a baby step toward a life when my kids are grown. 

It's a whole new world with lots of "work" drama.  I'm the older, wiser one - which is quite a joke.  The young ones that I work with ask my advice and share way to many things with me.  I smile, dish out very neutral advice and remember a time when I was just like them. 

Glad I am where I am now,
NeuroticMom

No comments:

Post a Comment