Sunday, June 20, 2010

Can't Even Believe It!

Happy Father's Day.

I'm sure everyone is making the day special.  I know I am.  I've seen my husband for a total of 15 minutes today, fought with 2 out of 3 of my children, haven't showered yet and I'm hoping to make a nice meal for an 8:15pm sit down time.  Nice.

The two children I've fought with want to make plans for late this afternoon, but I won't let them.  Come hell or high water, we're eating dinner together.  Oh yea, we can't eat dinner until later because my poor husband is watching my poor son play in a soccer tournament in New Jersey in 95 degrees.  My son, who got picked up at 7:15 this morning and is now playing in the 5:05pm championship, will come home and pass out before I put dinner on the table.  I'll just have to prop him up! 

And the reason I'm not at the game right now - driving to and from hockey and baseball and I won't put my kids through the ride out to NJ and make them sit in this heat.  Seriously, sports should be off-limits on Father's Day (Mother's Day too)!

Hope your Father's Day was better than my husband's (and mine).

NeuroticMom

1 comment:

  1. son 2 is AT a friend's house because the dad in our house golfed half the day then came home and said he wanted to watch the us open. Which is fine, but I'm not making them stick around because of it! 4 out of 5 of us are now eating take out pizza. a perfect father's day in my hubs book. Hope they won the soccer game!

    ReplyDelete